• Dr. Abha Majumdar is heading the Center of IVF and Human Reproduction, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi which is one of the largest and leading units for reproductive medicine in India, where she was also part of the team responsible for the first IVF baby of North India born in 1991. She has more than 10 bookchapters and presented numerous invited lectures at national and international conferences. In 2007 she was appointed by National Diplomate Board for awarding fellowships in Reproductive Medicine to post graduate students in Obstetrics and Gynecology. She is the president of Indian Fertility Society (IFS) since 2008 and has been the Chairperson for the Infertility sub-committee of the Association of Obstetrics and Gynecology of Delhi from 2005 to 2008. Presently she also one of the peer reviewers for Journal of Human Reproductive Sciences.
• Fields of interest: Management of all cases related to infertility with special focus on reproductive endocrinology, laparoscopic and hysteroscopic corrective surgery, open microsurgery and macro surgery for gynecological disorders causing infertility and assisted reproductive techniques.
Graduation (MBBS) 1994, post graduation (MS Ob/Gyn) 1998, S.N. Medical College, Agra University INDIA
Fellowship of ‘International College of Surgeons’ (FICS) 1994
• Appointed by National Diplomate Board for awarding fellowship in Reproductive Medicine (2 years fellowship program) to post graduates in obstetrics and gynecology.
• Peer reviewer for Journal of Human Reproductive Sciences (JHRS)
• Numerous publications in national and international scientific journals, more than 10 chapters in text books as well as lectures in national and international conferences
Executive post held
• President of Indian Fertility Society (IFS)2008 onwards
• First Vice President and founder member of IFS 2005 to2008
• Chairperson for the Infertility sub-committee of the Association of obstetrics and Gynecology of Delhi 2005 to 2008
• Executive member of Endocrinology Committee FOGSI;2008
• Executive member of Infertility Committee of FOGSI;2005
• Executive committee member of Indian Society of Assisted Reproduction (ISAR);2007
• Member of ‘National Association of Reproductive and Child Health of India’ (NARCHI) and ‘European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology’ (ESHRE)