Recombinant LH - Luveris
Luveris is pure LH manufactured using genetic recombinant mammalian technology. It is indicated for use in women with profound LH and FSH deficiencies. Reproductive endocrinologists customize their protocols for each patient and sometimes additional LH may be necessary to produce a good stimulation. Luveris can also be used to stimulate ovulation.
Luveris (lutropin alfa for injection) is contraindicated in:
• Women who exhibit prior hypersensitivity to human LH preparations
• Primary ovarian failure
• Uncontrolled thyroid or adrenal dysfunction
• Uncontrolled organic intracranial lesion such as a pituitary tumor
• Abnormal uterine bleeding of undetermined origin
• Ovarian cyst or enlargement of undetermined origin
• Sex hormone dependent tumors of the reproductive tract
Luveris is supplied as:
Carton contains one vial of lyophilized powder and one vial containing 1 ml sterile water for injection
Side effects include:
Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome
Breast pain and ovarian cyst
• Luveris is stored refrigerated or at room temperature (2°– 25°C / 36°– 77°F) in the original package. Do not store above 77°F (25°C). Use immediately after reconstitution. Discard any unused materials.
• Do not use after the expiration date shown on the vial or the carton. Keep out of the reach of children.
• Do not freeze.
• Store away from light.